Multi-Day Tundra Expedition and Hotel Stay in Kilpisjärvi
EXCLUSIVE WILDERNESS tundra EXPEDITION and LUXURIOUS hotel STAY
The trip starts from Kiruna in Swedish Lapland and take the group of guests through the wild tundra area of Råsto all the way to Kilpisjärvi, where a comfortable and luxurious hotel stay at the newly opened Cahkal Hotel is included.
The trip is done with snowmobiles through rugged terrain in harsh conditions and we stay overnight in heated glamping tents in the middle of nowhere. During the trip, guests get to experience the best of what the wilderness in Swedish Lapland can offer – including local cuisine, wilderness sauna and ice swimming under the northern lights.
Available from February to April 2024.
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE FOR ADVENTURE LOVERS
Our experienced guides take care of everything on the trip, including all transports, food and guiding all the way to the destination in Kilpisjärvi.
The expedition starts in the morning, with pick-up of guests and then we go to Kurravaara, where the snowmobiles and guides are waiting with packed sleds. The group takes off deep into the wilderness and head for the first camp site, where high-quality heated tents are setup up and decorated with lights, camping beds and a table for a comfortable stay.
Every trip is uniquely planned together with the group, so that the activities are tailored to fit what the group would like to experience. Our options for activities include e.g. ice fishing, wilderness sauna including ice swimming, wilderness skiing, snowshoe walking and northern lights watching. Weather conditions such as clouds, snow, wind and temperature also effects what activities are suitable. Guides take care of preparing authentic arctic food often on the open fire.
The group moves gradually northbound towards Kilpisjärvi, with two different camp sites during the trip.
The small village of Kilpisjärvi and Cahkal Hotel is reached in the afternoon of day 3, where a warm and beautiful sauna is awaiting the group. After the sauna, guests can relax in their hotel room and enjoy a dinner at Cahkal’s unique restaurant. A total of 2 nights in Cahkal hotel including breakfast and 3 course dinners are included, but lunch and additional activities at the hotel during the stay, at own cost. Transfer back to Kiruna city centre or airport is included in the trip. No beverages are included in the price.
ITINERARY AND BOOKING
PRIVATE ADVENTURE - 5 DAYS INCLUDING 4 NIGHTS
– Suitable for groups between 4 to 6 persons
– Pick-up at hotel, airport or city centre in Kiruna; take-off from Kurravaara with snowmobiles
– All transports handled by professional guides – normally one guest passenger per snowmobile in the wilderness.
– We use tents of high quality that are spacious with camping beds
– Full-service in the wilderness provided, including all meals, coffee and tea. No alcohol is included.
– 3 days in wilderness, including 2 nights in heated tents
– Activities in the wilderness is decided on beforehand together with the group
– Sauna waiting at arrival to Cahkal hotel in Kilpisjärvi
– 2 nights in Cahkal hotel i 2 person rooms, breakfast and 3 courses dinner included in price. Lunch, activities and beverages at own cost.
– Shuttle transport back to Kiruna hotel, airport of city centre in the morning
– Guests must bring warm personal clothing, sun glasses, toiletries and own sleeping bag. Overalls and sleeping bags can be provided to the guests, but needs to be agreed on beforehand.
– Snowmobiles renting alternatives available at request.
KIRUNA TO KILPISJÄRVI OVER THE WILD TUNDRA
The expedition starts from Kiruna, where we take off from the village of Kurravaara, located 12 km north of the city. We use modern and safe snowmobiles to transport the group of guests and equipment over the wild and untouched area all the way to Kilpisjärvi. The wilderness trip takes 3 days, including 2 days in heated tent.
The total trip in the wilderness is roughly 200 km
After you book a trip with us, all you need to do is get yourself to Kiruna—we’ll take of the rest. The easiest way to reach Kiruna is by connection flight through Stockholm, only 1.5 hours away.
We hope to see you soon!
THE CAHKAL HOTEL EXPERIENCE
The boutique and experience Hotel Cahkal is located 400 kilometers above Arctic Circle, the very northwesternmost point of Finland, near the Arctic Ocean. We are perfect for experiential travelers who seek unforgettable experiences and relaxed luxury in a totally unique and pure arctic wilderness setting.
Enjoy sweeping mountain views from our stylish and trendy rooms and suites and indulge in the local cuisine at our restaurant. Experience the warm steam bath in the traditional Finnish sauna and simultaneously admire the stunning mountain scenery. We channel an arctic atmosphere across our entire Hotel, so whether you’re alone, on a romantic trip, or with your friends, you will be able to find a spot that perfectly fits the occasion.