Exclusive Ice Fishing - May 2022
EXCLUSIVE SPRING ICE FISHING AND GLAMPING IN THE ARCTIC AREA OF KIRUNA
The trip takes the group of fishermen high up into the mountains with helicopter for a breataking experience among astonishing mountain tops, where the home of big arctic char is. Guests are picked up at Kiruna airport or hotel in city centre and we take care of the rest – from transports to food and fishing guiding. The trips are especially suitable for guests that want to experience something out of the ordinary as well as to seasoned fishermen that fish e.g. for brown trout, salmon, steelhead and similar species all over the world.
ICE SPORT FISHING, HELI FLIGHT, GLAMPING, AUTHENTIC ARCTIC FOOD AND WILDERNESS SAUNA
Our guides bring everything needed with the group out to the helicopter, where the group takes of deep into the wilderness to areas which are inaccessible with snowmobiles. The arctic spring normally provides alot of sunshine and sometimes warm weather, so that it is possible to ice fishing in just a T-shirt.
In short our fishing program includes the following:
– Transports with car from airport or city to centre to helicopter pad. Transport with helicopter to fishing area
– 3 to 4 days of fishing (2 to 3 nights)
– We use tents of high quality that are spacious with camping beds
– Tents are heated
– Suitable for groups between 2 to 6 persons
– Guides take care of preparing authentic arctic food often on the open fire as well as coffee and tea. No alcohol is included.
– Guests must bring warm personal clothing, sun glasses, own fishing gear, toiletries and own sleeping bag (our guides can help as needed)
– During the stay, we also provide wilderness sauna and swimming in the icy water, where guests also can shower in hot water
– We guide fishermen on how and where to fish for arctic char
3 DAYS INCLUDING EVERYTHING, 2 NIGHTS IN
HEATED TENT (FULL-SERVICE)
25.000 SEK / person
* Arctic River Co reserves right to extend the group to 4 persons.
4 DAYS INCLUDING EVERYTHING, 3 NIGHTS IN
HEATED TENT (FULL-SERVICE)
TOTAL PRICE 93.600 SEK
ARCTIC CHAR - GRETA GARBO OF THE MOUNTAINS
Our target fish for the trip is exclusively arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus), which is notoriously hard to catch. The fish tend to get more active during the arctic spring with primetime in May, when especially larger fish is hunting. Fishing for the famous arctic char is considered to be the absolute finest type of fishing that can be done in the arctic region. The fish thrive in harsh conditions far over the tree line, where lakes are frozen for a majority of the year and with otherwise cold summers. Generally, many consider arctic char to a finer catch than e.g. brown trout, salmon, pike and grayling and it offers a good fight as being a very strong fish, High up in the mountains you can catch fish up to 2 kg and in some very rare situations also between 3 to 4 kg. Our guides know the home of arctic char.