FLY AND SPIN FISHING TRIPS
What to Expect?
FISHING IN THE LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN
During the summer, the sun doesn’t fall beneath the horizon for about 50 days. That’s called the midnight sun. In this period, hardcore anglers can fish around the clock under sunlight, in the vast wilderness of Kiruna, where you can fish in the wild without meetinganother soul for days or weeks, besides your fishing buddies.
Our Recommendations for a Perfect Summer Fishing Trip to Kiruna
– Arrange a group of 4-8 people. (We are, of course, flexible when it comes to group sizes.)
– Narrowly focus your target fish species.
– Select a lodge stay with daily fly-outs or an all-in wilderness experience.
– Plan to visit for 5-7 days, so that you’ll have time to get the most out of your trip.
– Bring personal equipment, including warm clothing, fishing equipment and waders. Bring a sleeping bag if you’re planning on a wilderness stay. We’ll take care of the rest.
– The prime time for a trip is from the end of June until the end of August.
– As an option, we can have a professional photographer join the group and create eternal memories of your fishing experience.
Target Species and Fishing Methods
ARCTIC GRANDSLAM OR FOCUSED FISHING
Our group of skilled fishing guides are experts in the Arctic sport fish species, which are pike, grayling, Arctic char, brown trout and Baltic salmon.
Though most of our guests are seasoned fly fishing anglers, we have many spin fish anglers visiting us, too—that’s why we take your desired fishing method and style into account when we plan your trips. During a week’s visit, we can fish in different areas and for different species by the use of a helicopter and even raise the adrenaline level by adding river rafting to move to different areas.
Certain areas that we fish in have seasonal variations and limitations, which we take into account during the planning process.
Most Popular Fishing Styles of Our Guests
– Dry fly and nymph fishing for sensitive Arctic chars or strong brown trouts offer unbeatable experiences during calm and sunny days.
– Chasing the big, active-feeding Arctic grayling with dry flies and nymphs is a fantastic experience and great fun.
– Intense fishing for big, strong and aggressive Arctic pikes with big flies and lures gives you an unmatchable adrenaline kick.
– Streamer fishing for brown trout combined with river rafting will amaze even experienced anglers.
– This area of Swedish Lapland is the only place where you can fish Baltic salmon above the tree line on the tundra. Fishing for Baltic salmon, however, comes with the reservation that they are notoriously difficult to catch.
Sleep, Eat, Fly and Enjoy
A LODGE STAY, DAILY FLY-OUTS OR A FULL WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE
A fantastic fishing trip shall be perfectly balanced between hard work and enjoyment—the luxury of delicious food and a warm bed can be the perfect ending to a day of hardcore fishing. Staying outside in a tent next to a flowing stream that’s crystal-clear, without a mobile network or other distractions, can provide a Zen-like experience. Freshly made coffee and local food over a fire will speak to your senses.
Let Us Customise Your Fishing Experience
– Stay at a lodge with full board or self-catering. You’ll love going to the sauna at the end of every fishing day at the lodge—it’s a true pleasure.
– Have daily-flyouts by helicopter with a 2-night stay in the wild. Full board is always included in the wild.
– Know that we arrange helicopter flights from multiple places in Kiruna, depending on local weather conditions, target fish species, time of year and group size and fishing method.
– Select a full wilderness experience with stay in the tent for the whole duration of your trip.
– Sign up for river rafting and camping in different fishing spots—perfect for the adrenaline junkie.